Naturalists & Heroes
Nature Art & Illustration
Nature Films & Video
"Every child should have mud pies, grasshoppers, waterbugs, tadpoles, frogs & turtles, elderberries, wild strawberries, acorns, hickory nuts, trees to climb, animals to pet, hayfields, pine cones, rocks to roll, sand, snakes, huckleberries and hornets – and any child who has been deprived of these
has been deprived of the best part of his education."
-Luther Burbank 1849 - 1926
Solutions For Green We also publish California Green Solutions and a series of blogs about healthy living solutions.
We don't share your information with anyone else. We ask that parents subscribe to the newsletter. We respect our community's children. We believe we are part of "our village" and need to care for one another.
For more sustainable business information, visit CaliforniaGreenSolutions.com for Sustainable Workplace and Green Products, www.SunshineByDesign.com and ~ Movie Industry Marketing for Indie Filmmaking Tips
Arkansas Pet Services ~
BLTNetwork.com for Lifestyles ~
Home and Garden Habitat, Organics and Sustainability
The 10% Club for YOU!
The heart that breaks open can contain the whole universe.
writer and teacher (1929- )
Hope for tomorrow starts with today's vision. Today's plan. Today's action.
Have you ever wondered how MUCH difference you could make? I do. So I've put my thinking hat on to figure out how to take nibbles out of the challenges of everyday life. And then a disaster occurs and I throw up my hands in angst...what should I do?
Every time I witness a natural disaster, my heart aches and my brain shifts into adrenalin-speed. We must do better. But what? Do you experience that same mixture of grief and anguish and empathy?
The "10% Club" helps people make a better tomorrow a reality. Something they can conceive and achieve. Ten percent is a small fraction. Do-able. And when you decide to make a 10% improvement in just ONE area of your life at a time, it is achievable.
The beauty of "10%" is that once you achieve one milestone, you can set another goal. And another. This is a pathway to a better future one nibble at a time. A stronger family. A healthier body. A smarter strategy. A safer environnment. One step at a time.
Join us...set your 10% goal
You choose what goal you want to achieve. Together we can turn frustrations into hope for ourselves, our loved ones, our neighbors and our fellow citizens...around the world.
This is the best bargain available in the whole wide world. There is no charge to join The 10% Club. It's a do it yourself kind of miracle! Just do it!
Take a bite out of the unknown!
Set your 10% goal!
Then do it!
Example 10% Goals
- I'd like to increase my time walking with my little girl 10% each day...what fun!
- I'd like to decrease my driving by 10% a week--and spend that time with my family!
- I'd like to decrease calories in my meals by 10% and reward myself with a nature walk once a week!
- I'd like to give 10% of my Saturdays to children's causes...and enjoy their smiles 10% more!
In setting a goal...here are some steps to take.
- Take a few minutes and think about your greatest frustrations with your life. Are they related to health? Balance? Relationships? Conservation? Choose one. Include an element of fun, reward, and sharing!
- Define a current situation or action that you feel is out of balance. It may be that you don't recycle household goods. Maybe you are overweight. Maybe you don't get enough outdoor exercise. Your hope and dream of a better life is at the core of this selection.
- Survey your current status. How "much" is today's status? How can you measure it (at least roughtly)? How can you set a 10% goal?
- Set your 10% goal, and a timeframe in which to achieve it. Be kind to yourself, but set incremental steps that let you know you are making progress.
- Put it in writing. Post your goal and progress sheet on your refrigerator. On your computer. On your bathroom mirror. Somewhere you will see it everyday.
- Make notes on that progress sheet. Celebrate your little achievements on your journey to a better tomorrow. Tell your friends about your progress. Share the joy. Share the challenge. Pass it along. "10% is Doable!"
- Report your progress to The 10% Club! We'll celebrate with you!.
- When you achieve your 10% Goal, celebrate and then consider setting another one. Same area. Different goal. Different area, new goal.
This works! Take a bite out of powerlessness...take back your power to make a difference in YOUR OWN LIFE! And respect yourself more tomorrow!
Set a goal. Ask a friend or family member to join you in setting a 10% goal! Make a plan...and work it! You can do this! We can do this...together!